Sunday, February 18, 2007

News from the Northwest: Day One



Whew! I'm finally here in Portland, OR. I got a little lost getting downtown. Took the wrong bridge over the Williamette river - which, by the way, is very wide and kind of scares me, not like the Missouri River at all. I had to pull over and figure my way on a downtown map. Luckily, I am a skilled navigator. I was very thankful to get to the hotel. I told the check-in lady that, being from Kansas, large bodies of water freak me out. Pretty daggone funny. Other than that, downtown looks kinda cool, of course it is 10:30pm - which in KC time is way late. Flight was 4 hours, direct.

No pics from the trip yet, here until Thurs morning. More "News from the Northwest" tomorrow! Since I AM here though - MORE climbers get stranded on Mt. Hood? Why do people keep climbing that mountain? The challenge? Geez. I think a spin class is challenging. Do that, crazy people!! -kk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you DO know how to survive an avalanche? Move your head around to create an air pocket. Don't forget.

Anonymous said...

If the Williamette River is scary, wouldn't you hate to cross the Williamama? or Williampapa?