Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Rubber Duck



The movie Convoy seriously kicks so much ass, and Kris Kristofferson was one of the two coolest '70s actors to ever grace the big screen. And I'd argue that this is unquestionably one of his finer moments. It reminds me of being a snot-nosed, feather-haired, seven-year-old boy. Ah...the good ol' days.

What's so interesting about Convoy is that it was my favorite movie for years as a kid. See, I had an unhealthy infatuation with "big trucks," or "rigs" as Kristen calls them. Well...my mom took me to see Convoy at the drive-in back in 1978, and it was all over after that. Big trucks were my thang!

I had spent a good twenty years trying to see this movie again, with no luck. It's never on TV, and for the longest time, it was almost impossible to find on VHS. In fact, the VHS tapes of the movie I saw sold on eBay for over $100. I was almost tempted once, but decided against it.

Convoy was released on DVD a couple years ago, and I've watched it many times since getting it. It's still as good (and campy) as I remember. I just so happened to think it'd be fund to share the opening scene of the movie with you. It's one of the best parts and it has the C.W. McCall song, "Convoy."

And oh yeah...I had the biggest crush on Ali McGraw in this movie, too. Tight afro and everything...

No comments: