Thursday, March 29, 2007

Down in the ATX

Hi y'all! I was in Austin again this week. It was a pretty good trip. I met up with Gunnar and his fiance Candice and they showed me around town. I got to eat some Tex-Mex and learned what rajas and Tejas Toast are. Turns out, Tejas Toast is durn similar to French Toast. I tried to get pics of the beautiful Bluebonnets that are blooming along the highway, but they didn't turn out. Candice said it's illegal to pick them because they're the state flower. I had a great time, but my flight to KC was cancelled. Oy! But I'm back now and all is well. Here are some neato pics from the trip. Thanks again to Gunnar and Candice! See you guys in September!
TX State Capitol
Tower at UT. Gunnar says when UT wins a big game, they light up the windows into a #1 or paint the top orange. Hmmm. Must still be reeling from those KU defeats (plural)

This wacky dude was singing at the airport. Local music is everywhere in Austin.

Neato graffiti. Keep Austin weird!
Dell HQ

No comments: