Monday, April 02, 2007

Michael York is not "The Manimal"


Stories from Seattle: Day One
I had a great flight into Seattle. Arrived in time for dinner. I was trying to choose a good seafood place. My Dad sent me an e-mail recommending the salmon at the "Palomino Grill," which is only about 3 blocks from my hotel downtown. I walked down there and ordered the salmon, which was quite good. Halfway through my dinner, a couple next to me was celebrating a birthday, so the candle and dessert spectacle caught my eye. Hey...hey....that guy looks familiar.... I kept staring at him...kept staring...squinted....staring. Oh, *eyes dart down* he caught me staring. I thought he looked familiar. I thought it was "The Manimal" from one of my favorite shows as a kid. I ignored them the rest of the meal and made a mental note to look up "The Manimal" when I got back to my room." As I walked home through downtown, I noticed a poster of the guy above on the left. THAT'S the guy from dinner - Michael York!!! He's doing a play or something in Seattle. I immediately called my Dad - who informed me that Michael York....is NOT the Manimal. I looked it up. It's true. Michael York played Basil in the Austin Powers movies and Logan in Logan's Run. Makes me glad I didn't ask him if he was the Manimal. Woops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

found this post while trying to explain why Michael York isn't the manimal. i remember him being in the series too, as does my wife. Mandela effect?...