Wednesday, August 15, 2007

SAY CHEESE!

I have always wanted to educate myself on the vast world of cheese. Kristen and I have this saying that there is no such thing as too much cheese. So as part of that philosophy, I am sending my palate on an extensive journey throughout the United States and Europe.

It was tough getting started because I really didn't know where to begin. But as luck would have it, I have built a pretty good relationship with the cheese monger at Whole Foods. He and I have probably spent a good hour talking about different cheeses over the last few weeks, and the discussions have been very helpful. He is also nice enough to cut off a tiny piece of anything I want to try before I buy it.

Here are four of my favorites I've had so far. Can't wait to dig in to some more...

From left to right (above):
Buttermilk Blue Cheese - Cow's Milk (Wisconsin)
Murcia al Vino (aka 'Drunken Goat') - Goat's Milk (Spain)
St. Andre - Cow's Milk (France)
Morbier - Cow's Milk (France)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ANd what is this?ANd what is this?
ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?ANd what is this?