Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lord of the Rings: The Two Cankles

Don't adjust your computer monitor - those aren't hobbit feet you're looking at. They're the "feet" and cankles of a lady 8 months pregnant with twins - forged in the fires of Mordor. My ankles have become cankles because it's hard to tell where the calf ends and the ankle begins. They're bloated to twice their size. I guess since my pregnancy has gone so well, I can deal with some cankles, but they're none too pretty to gaze upon. And they itch. What's a girl to do? At least they're not hairy like the hobbit feet. Could be worse, right? Is it too early to start wearing flip flops?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEHEHE, I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE OF THOSE REACHY THINGS...WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD TO SCRATCH WITH....AT LEAST YOU CAN TELL YOUR TOES,HEHEHE,,,,MINE WERE JUST STUBS....WON'T BE LONG NOW LITTLE MOMMA...........KEEP THOSE LEGS UP.....JANIE

Anonymous said...

To quote his auntie seester, " Look at those two hams" What goes around comes around.

Unknown said...

Can you paint your toe nails, red or yellow to match the rest of the picture. Gene & Linda

Anonymous said...

hahah. Kristen, the sad thing is that I live with cankles on a daily basis. Be happy you just have them when you're pregnant!! Hope all is well, and I hope to see you (and maybe some new additions) soon! --Emme