Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Rave

Iris has a new night-time hobby. Twice this week, she woke up at 3:00 WIDE AWAKE and ready to party! I tried to lull her back to sleep with a bottle. Clearly, it was loaded with the new Enfamil Energy with Ginseng formula or a Starbuck's double Macchiato because she would NOT go back to sleep. She was laughing and kicking and screaming....waving her arms. I employed my old tried and true tactics (most of which involve some form of rocking). Didn't work. Both nights, after an hour-and-a-half, she went back to sleep. Is it possible that she is nocturnal like the Wallaby? Regardless, Mark and I have decided to set up the guest room as a second "satelite" nursery for Nora so she doesn't have to be subjected to the early morning, Club 54 disco groove antics of her big sister.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I feel your pain. Sounds like you're handling it like a pro. You're an amazing mommy!

Anonymous said...

I say let her party. Go baby go. rock in alone in your crib all night long. mkm

Marcia said...

Ohhhh, I can so relate although Sal doesn't have a sibling to wake up, just good old Mom! She's going to be a party animal!