Tuesday, March 21, 2006

"An Evening with the Starrs"

As Kristen mentioned yesterday, our dinner party this past weekend went very well. I have to say that it was one of the best things I’ve ever done in my life. I couldn't have done it without Kristen's help. What a team!!! I was amazed out how seamless the food went over to the table, and that each course was so beautiful and delicious. To my surprise, nearly everyone’s favorite course was the asparagus soup. I personally enjoyed the Salmon best; probably due to the fact that I hadn’t practiced it prior to the party and it was just out-of-this-world perfect.

The wines we paired also went very well with the courses. The Asparagus soup was paired with a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and the salmon was paired with a very nice Pinot Noir from Oregon. We opted to only do wine with two courses since nearly everyone was drinking beer, wine, and dirty martinis beforehand. So, since I unfortunately didn’t get any photos of the actual dinner, here are some that I took before and after the party.

Note: The salmon course below is only a variation of what we actually had. The one below is what I made for lunch today with left over items, but you can get a general idea of what it looked like from this photo.


Tomato-Mozzarella Salad




Asparagus Soup




Salmon




Warm Chocolate Cake




...the table beforehand...




The Menu

“An Evening with the Starrs”
Saturday, March 18, 2006
6:00 PM


***

Edamame Cooked with Sea Salt and Sake

***

Organic Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella “Salad” with Balsamic Vinaigrette and Basil Oil

***

Creamy Asparagus Soup with Caramelized Onions, Goat Cheese, and Almonds

***

North Atlantic Salmon with Braised Red Cabbage, Oven-Roasted Tomatoes, and Mushrooms

***

Warm Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream, Caramelized Bananas, and Hazelnut Crème Anglaise

***

Coffee and Digestion

No comments: