Monday, March 27, 2006

Granny & the Ozarks








This turned out to be a very busy weekend for us. Friday night Kristen and I went to Phil and Jennifer’s house to celebrate my grandmother’s 90th birthday. 90th!!! Gene and Linda were there and also little Quinlan. Kristen got to meet him for the first time, and I had already met him the night before. He’s such a funny and well-behaved young man. Jennifer made an awesome roast with carrots and potatoes. I hadn’t had something like that in a really long time and it truly hit the spot. It inspired me to do one myself this upcoming weekend.

Saturday morning we got up early and headed down to the lake to see Molly, who was in town for a quick visit. This is the first time we’ve seen her since we found out she was pregnant. Saturday night was fun and relaxing. We made Chicken Kabobs on the grill and ate nearly every bite (pictures coming soon). After dinner, Kathy and I drank a whole bottle of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc and we all watched the movie Capote. Actually, a couple of us watched Capote while the others watched the inside of their eyelids. Philip Seymour-Hoffman is truly one of my favorite actors.

Sunday Kristen and I drove home and Blue slept nearly the entire way. He always sleeps on the way home from the lake; mainly because he knows his excitement is over and that he has to go back to boring Olathe where there isn’t water nearby. On our way home, we stopped by Dean & Deluca (where it all began) to get a small loaf of good bread. For some reason, perhaps due to Jennifer’s rosemary bread she bought, I wanted a loaf of really good bread and good unsalted (real) butter. MMMMMM!!!! We stopped by Planet Sub after that and headed home for some recovery and relaxation.

Sunday evening we did the usual; dinner at Panzon's and The Sopranos. That show gets better every episode. They're insanely intense. I hope Edie Falco (Carmela) wins an award for this season. I honestly don't know how she does it. She blows my mind with her acting abilites.

And that was pretty much it. That was our weekend. Phew! I'm exhausted.

-MS

No comments: