Saturday, July 01, 2006

Coping with the KC Heat

I got up early this morning to mow the yard. Let's face it, that's the only time you can mow and not melt like the Wicked Witch of the West. So once I got that accomplished, Kristen and I went to the grocery store to get some dinner items for tonight. Here's how it went...

First, we got the flowers ready on the table and mixed them with some of the others we had left over from Molly's shower last weekend. The purple colors were amazing together.



Next, we made a huge batch of Sangria out of the ingredients seen below. And let me tell you, it is some good stuff. I am surprised I have spelled everything corektly so far. Or have I?



After getting the table set and having some of our Sangria, we decided to start dinner. I made Grilled KC Strip with Saffron Risotto and Asparagus. It's been a long time since I made risotto, but it was very good. I'll be damned if we didn't eat almost every single bite of it.



We couldn't leave Blue out of the event. He wanted some good food, too. I became his hero after I shared a few pieces of my steak with him. You can see how attentive he is below. Too bad he doesn't look that way now. He's currently passed out in front of the fan dreaming of ice cream from Randy's at the Lake of the Ozarks.



But the heat, for lack of a better word, has been hell in Kansas City today. I think the actual temperature outside right now is about 134 degrees. I'll have to head out here in a bit and water my grass so it doesn't go up in flames.

HAVE A GREAT 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!

M & K

No comments: