Sunday, July 09, 2006

An Eventful Starr Weekend

In addition to me having homework and Kristen having work to do for...well…work, the two of us had a somewhat eventful weekend. Friday night we went downtown to the First Friday celebration and drank with some work friends at The Cashew. I have never seen that area of town so crowded before. The weather was absolutely amazing, though, and we had a really great time as a result.

Yesterday, Kristen decided that it was time for her to finally clean her car. And when I say clean her car I mean wash, wax, vacuum, and shine the tires. I almost fainted. Actually, I should say I fainted because it was hot as hell in the garage yesterday and trying to vacuum all the dirt out of her car wore me out. I’m here to tell you, though, that it looks better now than it has in about two years since the last time we waxed it.



Yesterday afternoon Kristen wanted brats. I’m sure it had something to do with having them at Phil and Jen’s last weekend. I didn’t know what else to make with them, but we knew we wanted it to be healthy (on account of the brat fat). Therefore, I decided to make some green beans since they were so beautiful at Hen House yesterday. I sautéed the beans with onions, garlic, and tomatoes. We also opted for some “healthy” Michelob Ultra to stick with the idea of battling the fatty brats.



Last night we went to play tennis for an hour or so. I must admit that Kristen is making a lot of progress after only three trips to the courts. I am very proud of her. Not to mention the fact that she just really loves to play tennis. We will probably have to go again today since she’s so addicted to it.

Tonight we finish our work for school and work and watch the weekly Sunday night HBO lineup of Entourage, Lucky Louie, and Dane Cook’s Tourgasm. Should be awesome as usual.

No comments: