Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Matchmaker

Last night, we went to Houlihan's in Fairway for dinner, after absorbing more Genesis music on the drive there than I care to. This restaurant is our favorite spot because of all of the dark wood and amber lighting. Plus, the food is pretty good. Upon being seated, Mark was looking around the restaurant and said "holy shit, that's Dan Ober." And he jumped up and walked over to him. Dan pretty much introduced me to Mark years ago at old Dean and Deluca. He came over to me at the espresso bar one morning, told me "Mark Starr" (who?) liked me, and wanted to know what I liked to do on dates. Everything since has been sheer bliss. It was so great to see Dan and thank him for introducing us back then. He is the Manager of the Houlihan's and bought us a round of drinks. When we were leaving, Mark said "thanks for the wife." Hysterical. Fun night! And the stuffed chicken breast is always a winner.

1 comment:

Phototogene said...

Sweet story. Glad it happened.

Uncle Gene