Monday, October 09, 2006

Toad-in-the-Hole



Allow me to introduce you to the new favorite (Kristen) Starr meal, eggs in a basket (or Toad in the Hole). Here's the scoop: I have always had a fondness for eggs since I was a kid. Well, recently I was watching V for Vendetta, being the Natalie Portman fan that I am. Her character, Evey, eats this upon arriving at the home of "V." She exclaims how delicious it is due to the real butter. I was intrigued by this scene and committed to learning how to perfect Toad in the Hole. After several tries, I find it really quite delicious. The trick is to keep the stove heat down and brown the bread a touch before adding the egg. I like to keep the yolk just a little runny. I also toast the missing piece of bread I cut from the middle. Très délicieux!

-KS

1 comment:

Phototogene said...

I like poached eggs using the hot water method. Create a water tornado and empty the egg into the swirl of rotating water. Eat the toast as you watch the egg circle.