Saturday, April 14, 2007

BAM!!!

Last night Kristen and I went out for dinner at Bonefish Grill. It wasn't spectacular, but it was pretty good. We both ate fish (imagine that). We were sadly interrupted by HUGE snowflakes on the way to the restaurant. UGH!


This morning we woke up depressed as hell because the snow had covered the ground. This is Kansas City in April, people. Of course, Blue didn't mind.

Determined not to lie around all day watching TV, we decided to get up and head out to the mall to make some important purchases: t-shirts, underwear, make-up, and gum. After returning home, Kristen talked to Molly and then proceeded to bury herself in our closet. She got rid of the tons of clothes she never wears. It's like a new closet.

While Kristen turned the closet into a whirlwind, I promised that I would fix dinner tonight. We wanted pasta, and I couldn't think of anything I'd rather have than my favorite pasta from my cooking days at Fedora on the Plaza. I must have eaten this 100 times - EASILY! However, today is the first time I've actually made it in ten years.

It consisted of the above ingredients:
  • Orchiette Pasta (translation: "little ears")
  • Grilled Chicken
  • Peas
  • Orange Zest
  • Chicken Stock
  • TONS of garlic
  • Red Pepper Flakes
  • Toasted Almonds
  • Parmigiano Reggiano
  • and oh yeah, more garlic...

Here's a PRICELESS video of Mark making the pasta. Double-click the arrow to watch:



Back off ladies, he's all mine!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a nicer day because our lilies aren't having this snow! It is supposed to be sunny and 60 degrees. And people wonder why we want to move to Texas...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen- Don't tell me you got rid of the pink/black Target fleece. It is a Christmas tradition!

Anonymous said...

I'm making the pasta tonight...I know it will be good...going to store now. Kristen - Throw away the pink/black fleece....Mom