Sunday, August 27, 2006

Boys' Weekend

It's been almost a week since I've seen Kristen and I'm beginning to think she's never coming back. No - actually, she and Kathy went to Beaumont, TX to visit Molly since Colin is away for a wedding. So I had the pleasure of going to the lake with Scott this weekend. Blue, as usual, was more than happy to accompany me.

Friday night, Scott and I went to the grocery store to stock up on food, beer, and other items for the house. On Saturday we went out for a morning boat ride, and when we got back I proceeded to assume the postion you see below...


24 oz Coors Light, Floatee, and Me


While in the process of "getting my float on," Scott and I worked with the dogs on their commands and threw their dummies to retrieve. Let me tell you, it's damn hard to get these two out of the water when it's time to leave. In fact, as I've said before, you could leave Blue there full-time and he'd be perfectly happy.


Blue and Chili


After a few hours of playing and turning into a prune, I decided I'd better get out and start working on dinner. I had been thinking of a pasta idea for a long time and decided this weekend would be the perfect time to see it through. Here it is...was...


Fusilli Pasta with Beef, Roasted Peppers, Arugula, & Goat Cheese


All-in-all it was a very nice weekend. In addition to the above, we watched the Chiefs Saturday night and also caught a couple episodes of Miami Vice. When Kristen gets home tonight I'll tell her that she needs to get everyone up to speed about her trip to Texas.

-MS

No comments: